Monday, September 20, 2010

It's the Little Things

Ryan, Joe, Aaron, Amy, Jon, Hope, Samantha & Alicia '08

For Christmas 2009, the day was a little hectic so a photo of me with the kids wasn't doable.  This is the last photo I have of all of us.  It's one of those pictures that will be less one child in 2010.

It's the little things...
Aaron's hand on my arm.
Him saying, "Hi Aunt Amy!!"
Shopping for his gifts.
Wrapping his gifts.
Putting his name on gifts.
Watching his eyes as he opens his presents.
Exchanging looks.
Giving hugs.
Hearing his voice.

The little things. 
They are much larger, now that he is gone. 
I wish he was here so I could give him...
More little things.

A kiss on the cheek.
A smile from across the room.
A conversation just between us.
Sharing laughs in the car.
Playing games with he and his brothers.
Watching them play hard nose football.
Movies, stories and Jesus.

I miss you, Aaron.  I always will.
Love Aunt Amy