Saturday, September 18, 2010

Give Sorrow Words???



I've never written about the week Aaron died.  From Monday through Friday all sorts of things were happening.  I think if I were to try and recount it, I would fall to the floor and weep.

What did I do in those five days?

Did I tell Aaron how much I loved him, how much I wanted him to fight for his life knowing he was dying anyway?  Did I stand by my sister and brother in law as they watched his son hooked up to machines that made all sorts of noises?  Did I bring comfort to their pain as they watched Aaron struggle for life?  What about Aaron's mom?  Did I show her the love of Christ in those moments, setting aside all dissension?  I believe I did all these things and much more.

Yes, if I were to piece together all the words of sorrow I felt I would fall on my face and weep.

And maybe it's as simple as that - weep.