Friday, November 12, 2010

When I Look

When I look into my eyes, I no longer despise,
The person looking back at me, whom I can clearly see.
She's got a lot on her plate, brought down from Heaven's gate,
Though it's very hard to wait, I try not to hesitate.
For I know everything works together for those who love Christ,
As far as I know the ending is always nice.

When I look into my Bible, all the stories I read,
Are for God's lost people, to see Him, indeed.
The truths that are told, at times are hard to believe,
Until bible scholars and scientists, both fully agree.
God's word is written, by the people of His land,
As far as I know, it was written by His hand.

When I look at the world around me, the suffering, the pain,
It resonates in my heart, that people live in shame.
Jesus asked us to take care of the poor,
To feed them and clothe them, that's for sure.
God's love is real, let's never forget,
That Jesus paid for our sin, we're no longer in debt!