Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After Thanksgiving

While the last seven months have been filled with pain and heartache, our Good God has proven Himself faithful and true.  You know when you're trying to not think about someone then that someone becomes all you can think about?  As is expected my thoughts were about Aaron.

I was doing okay until Tina showed me the ornament of Aaron that's being made for the family.  I saw the young man I new as my nephew.  The fact that he's gone is sobering.  I wanted him off the ornament, entertaining us with his captivating personality.  But that wasn't how it is.

I have a lot of gratitude for these people:  Mom, Tina, Tracy, Dale, Bill, Joe, Aaron's memory, Jon, Ryan, Hope, Samantha, Alicia, Bonnie (and family), Jo (and family), Laurie, Marie, Pam (and cats), all of my cats, Carol, Jeff, my medical team and Alcoholics Anonymous.

Now I write Christmas cards.  What a joy that will be.