Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Blanket

I have an all cotton blanket that's close to me in bed.
I hold onto it tightly as I rest my weary head.
It catches all the tears that fall and never gets too wet.
My blanket is my security and that I don't regret.

When feelings overcome my intellect and strange things start to happen,
I try to curl up in my bed and wrap myself in cotton.
Two months ago a fetal position was a safe place to be,
But that was way before I had back surgery.

Now I curl up by folding my arms across my chest,
Bending my knees and hiding my eyes seem to work out best.
When emotions are raw and I struggle to stay alert,
I reach out to my closest friends cuz I know that they won't hurt.

My blanket is my closest friend, it's true for me to say,
That every time I need my blanket it never goes away.