Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Depression is like an old shoe-

Sometimes, it feels just right.

To my pastor: I'm pretty teary these days. My heart feels broken.
From my pastor: I'll be praying for you, dear Heart.

To my best friend: I hurt, I'm crying and I feel broken.
From my best friend: you’ve been pushing pretty hard lately, but doing G-R-E-A-T!! Maybe a little warmth and sun will do you some good. It is a beautiful day. God is gluing together the broken pieces – of all of us – day by day! Forgetting what lies behind, looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the UPWARD call of God in Christ Jesus.

To my dear friend: I just feel like crying with all this stuff.
From my dear friend: I'll call you when I get back. I'll be praying for you. Rest in Him, dear one.

To a friend: Today I am grieving the loss of my cat (Smudge) and the death of Aaron (my nephew). I have been crying most of the morning. The grief book I'm reading said to take a risk and let someone into my space, telling them how I'm doing. I've done this with my daily life friends and now I bring it to you.

My heart is broken today. Pieces of me are wandering around in depression, sadness and a deep sense of loss. The shock is wearing off and the reality of such pain is finally beginning to surface. I'm not denouncing or trying to stuff these feelings in any way. I am learning to welcome them as a temperature gauge for healing.

From that friend: I'm so sorry to hear about Smudge. Pets are such wonderful gifts . . . their presence, their antics, their unconditional love (at least for dogs!) . . . and it is such a loss when they're gone. I trust you're sensing God's presence and love during these days. He knows . . .

My cry to God: