Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fractured

With Aaron not here anymore I don't feel broken. 
I feel fractured.
Broken is when there are pieces to put back together.
Fractured is concealed until an x-ray is taken.


The x-ray shows truth.
Truth about the injury.
How long it will take to heal.  If it can heal.
A fracture can require a cast.
It can require a tight tape wrap, a sling or a boot.

Being fractured?  No, that's not possible.
Not in the death of a loved one.
Even though I feel fractured, the x-ray
Would show a gap in one area; not my entire body.

The gap would be in my heart. 
The place where all love is coveted.
A safe place for certain people to enter and exit.
A place where I choose who to let in or keep out.

Fractured. 
I can't explain what it is.
I've never been here before.
I'm sure God will reveal what it means to be
Fractured.