Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Downcast

It's not a game concerning weather.
It's a feeling of deep remorse.
Even for something we didn't do.
But for someone who did.

From the TouchPoint Bible NLT:
Loss: We suffer a great loss, a separation from someone important to us. Separation or loss means we no longer have a vital, ongoing, living relationship with this person - only memories. We no longer can talk with this person, hug or kiss this person, hold hands or walk down the street with this person, or do any one of a thousand wonderful activities with this person. Don't deny your loss. Great grief is the result of great love. The tears of Jesus at Lazarus's death forever validate our tears of grief. John 11:30-36 says, "Then Jesus wept."

I weep for you, Cathy. I weep for you, Dad. I weep for you, Maryla. I weep for my health. I weep from loss of a great job. I weep for you, Aaron. I weep for the back surgery and recovery from it.

I wait for grief to stop being so hard.
Someday that will happen.
Not today.