Sunday, December 26, 2010

Aaron's first Christmas

Dear Aaron, we had our traditional Christmas at Meagan and Daryl's this year. We seemed to be doing okay until Santa and Mrs. Claus arrived. Just having them there felt wonderful and warm. But for most of the adults it was a reminder that you wouldn't be sitting on Santa's lap (or he on yours!). For me, I started crying after we took our family picture. I knew in my head we'd be less one person this year but it wasn't until the camera's clicked, that reality clicked that you wouldn't be in it. I wish I could have a new picture of you but there aren't any. There won't be any. My prayer for our family is that we know you are with God, who loves you more than anyone on this earth ever could. This first Christmas without you is very sad.

I know you made a decision to believe Jesus would forgive your sins, that you asked him into your heart, and because of those actions, you are now in Heaven celebrating with the angels and singing praises to God. Aaron, it was only 7 days before your hospitalization that we had that conversation. Then five days later God whispered your name and into Heaven you reside. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more tears and for us, no more tomorrows. I'd rather have you in Heaven for a lifetime then on this earth for a short time.

I love you and yes, I missed you running out of Tina's and wrapping your arms around me with your, "Hi, Aunt Amy! Can I carry anything?" What joy I will feel when I see you running toward me and hear your voice once again. You'll always be my A-rown. ♥