Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - A Year Never Forgotten

Dear Abba Father,

2010 was a very difficult year. I was having many physical ailments, the sudden loss of Aaron, kidney stones, back surgery, increase in depression, tremors and so on.

2010 brought in some good stuff. Reconnecting with my cousin, Melissa. Regular time with Marie. Paula showing up for Aaron's funeral. No more kidney stones (yet). Back surgery was successful. Medication was adjusted. Migraines successfully treated with new drug. The start of weight loss with a goal of 140. More time with Joe and Jon. Our family supporting each other. Compassion for Dale and Tina. Same for Shawnda. Talking to Aaron about Heaven 12 days before his death. Assurance from God Aaron is with Him. Sad news Uncle Eddie died. So did cousin Billy, Aunt Pat and Smudge. Surrounded by death. No wonder I feel disconnected.

2010 was financially blessed. Thank you for Matt, Jo, Soni and Tom, Pam and my family. Thank you for Mark and his small group of merry men.

2010 defined real friendships. Thank you for Jo, Laurie, Marie and Pam. Thank you for my small group, my church and Bonnie and Annie/Donald.

2010 was the first season of football (Ryan), helping Hope through grief, learning Alicia's clinging meant she needed to feel safe after Aaron died, Samantha coming into her own uniqueness and talents, listening to Joe as he expresses himself on Facebook, seeing Joe and Jon change by becoming more responsible, less stressed and working on becoming men of integrity. I pray I have an opportunity to share with them the talk I had with Aaron.

2010 is a year I'd like to forget. Honestly. Between integrating my split self with the help of Jeff and growing in intimacy with Carol, I know You are my all in all. You, Father, held my hand, expanded my heart, moved my feet and guided my words.

To You be all glory and praise, forever and ever. Amen.

Love Amy Kathleen