Saturday, December 5, 2009

True Friends

The next day....

I can't get out of bed for two hours. The seizures have me pinned down and locked down. I can't get to the medicine nor can I get to the phone. I have to lay there and shake, drift back to sleep then shake some more. What a horrible life. I hate it.

Finally I can get up. My head is very foggy. The memory is weak, the thinking is running at 40-50%, I take my meds then call Tina. We coordinate kids. I'm supposed to meet her in McHenry - I end up in Woodstock. Since I have no cellphone, I have to use the store's phone. I meet Tina at her friend's house. The journey begins. Once the task is complete, I need the boys to hang my outside Christmas lights. The older boy, Aaron, agrees to do all the driving. They hang all the lights and we head back to Woodstock. I'm not doing any driving. In fact, I'm beginning to fall asleep.

Once we're at Tina's, I go inside to lay down for a few minutes, sleep all night and wake up the next morning at 9:00. Went home at 11:15, got ready for the Barrington Children's Choir with friends then had a seizure attack in my legs while we were sitting down. Took an Ativan which helped a little but not a lot.

Saw my loving Diane and cried when I saw her. She's one friend I really miss. We hugged for a long time and I cried as I held onto her. I was with true friends and I bumped into a true friend. What is God trying to tell me?