Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ache

Dear God,

There's an ache in my body that reminds me of the powerlessness I have over events and challenges I face. The weakness in my legs, the pain in my head, the shaking all over, the cognitive impairment, the jumbling of my words, the sadness of my soul, the brokenness of my spirit, the tearing of my heart's muscles, the imbalance when I move - all of this leads to hopelessness and fear.

Seizures in my eyes that fixate while I'm at home or while I'm driving. Seizures in my mid-section that cramp and bruise the ribs. The convulsing and twisting and stretching and pulling my body trying to get the seizure out when in reality there's nowhere for it to go. No where for it to go.

I ache. I ache for understanding. I ache to keep up the good fight. I ache for friends who will step forward and talk with me even if they don't understand. I ache for someone to listen and to love and to hold me when I cry. I ache to be set free. It's a longing to be ache-free.

Longings...Jesus longings...Heaven's longings...no more ache's...no more tears...no more pain...no more sorrow...no more pain for a useless tomorrow.

A Gentle Reminder From Your Creator.