Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chronic Depression

Dear God,

There are days I find it so hard to get out of bed so I can take the medications to help the depression level off. Eventually I get up and eventually I get going.

My heart is heavy inside, filled with burdens that are not mine to carry. Your word says in Matthew to give them to you for your yoke is easy and your burden is light. How I long for the day when all burdens will be lifted by your capable hands.

Intellectually, I know it's the imbalance of neurotransmitters that cause the depression in addition to mood swings and emotional instability. But none of it really matters when you're in the midst of it and you're fighting the paralysis of your body and your mind.

Emotionally, I'm either frozen or drowning in tears. Today I am frozen. Yesterday I was drowning in tears. Today I have a migraine, one that tingles all over my head. My hands are numb but still I can type pretty good. I am grateful.

God, help me to see the provision you've had for my illnesses. Remind me of your goodness and your faithfulness when my gas tank is on empty. Don't ever let me stop having hope. I put my trust in you.

Love your daughter,
Amy Kathleen